Next Page |
Previous Page |
Tall Support Structure
(for 42" modules)
Used when distance between top of cross support and
plywood pad exceeds 21"
2 4x4 Support Posts (Length determined by height requirements of ramp
2 1'x 1' by 3/4" Treated Plywood Pads (Will be screwed to bottom
of 4x4 with three 3" deck screws)
2 2x6 by 49 1/2" Cross Supports
4 2x4 Trimmers (Length equals distance between bottom of cross
support and plywood pad.) (Trimmers will be screwed to 4x4.)
2 2x4 Diagonal Braces (Length will be determined by height of
4 1/2" x 10" Carriage Bolts with nuts and washers (9/16" holes
will be drilled in support structures for these bolts)
- During construction, determine the length of the 4x4s by measuring from a string line
that equals the height and slope of the ramp you are building.
- A standard guardrail height of 36" can be obtained by having 34" of 4x4 extend above the:
ramp surface. Compute the length of each 4x4 upright by measuring down from ramp
surface to plywood pad on the ground and add 34" to that number.
- The two legs are often not the same length due to uneven terrain.
- The cross supports are an extra 1/2" long to allow space to easily set modules in place.
- During construction, be sure that 4x4s are plumb and cross supports are horizontal
before installing carriage bolts, trimmers, gussets and bracing. Temporarily attach cross
supports with screws to allow for adjustments and place bolts, bracing and gussets after all
modules are in place.
Next Page |
Previous PAge |